Some Simple Tips & Tricks
Here are the links & resources discussed in this week’s Some Simple Tips Segment. Fee free to share how you use these tips or to recommend your own tips for me to share with others here.
- Adding Chips to Google Docs: This recent update to the Google Workspace Canvas allows you to easily link to other Google files. This makes creating HyperDocs with Google Docs, Slides or Sheets even easier!
- Tips for Spotting Misinformation Online: This post to the Google Keyword Blog provides you with some tips you and your students can use to spot misinformation online.
- Google Calendar Meeting Response Options: Google now makes it even easier for your meeting attendees to tell you whether they will attend your meetings in person or virtually with this update.
- Alice Keeler’s Free Google Classroom Cleanup: Here are tips from Alice Keeler to help you clean up your Google Classrooms if you haven’t already done that.
Here are some of the resources & inspirations for this week’s reflection
- There Must Be Hope from the Daily Dad: Check out this post by Ryan Holliday from the Daily Dad podcast about the importance of hope for our children and students.
- Morning Coffee Episode #124: Here’s the podcast episode in which Rick Alexander talks about his Maxim #13: If we transcend, we must also include.
- Hope Through History Podcast: Here’s the Hope Through History podcast by Robert Meecham–great stuff!
- The American Revolution (Open Yale Course): This is a great (FREE) course you can take about the American Revolution and the founding of our nation.
- The Birth of the Republic: 1763-89 by Edmund S. Morgan.